There is no formula. There's only grace.

No formula, only Grace. That thought came into my mind while driving back home last night. Suddenly all the things that I'm hoping to happen this 2012 was folding in to those very words. That there is no better way to live 2012 than living it by relying on God's grace alone.


As the new year starts, we can write all the things that we are hoping to happen for the year ahead but without God providing the grace for it, it would be just hopes. It would be just words written on a paper or to wherever you would write your faith goals or plans this new year.

Looking back to 2011 and the faith goals that I wrote for that year, I can tell that most of them I didn't even know I can achieve. I am thankful that God provided grace. I'm thankful that during the times that I felt I can no longer do the things that God has called me to do, He enabled me with His grace and His favor reminded me that we don't do things through our own strength, we do things through His grace. The moment you rely on your own strength is the moment you forget the reason why you are where you are and you are who you are right now is simply a result of God's unending grace and favor in your life.

Paul just nailed it down when he said;

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 
-1 Corinthians 15:10

There is no formula for your family this 2012, only grace.
There is no formula for your studies this 2012, only grace.
There is no formula for your work this 2012, only grace. 
There is no formula for your ministry this 2012, only grace.

Don't get me wrong, It's not bad to write your plans. To do your part. To strive hard. But if you won't ask God to give you the grace for it then it will not only be hard for you but it will be impossible. So if you are still and really looking for a formula on how to do things better this 2012. Then the formula is to depend on grace. It's all there is. 

Have a blessed New Year! All the best for you and your family this 2012!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within usto him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. 




2 Responses to "There is no formula. There's only grace."

Follow Me