There's more to it than what meets the eye.


The Iceberg represents your leadership. The 10% above the water represents your skill. The 90% below the water represents your character. It's what's below the surface that sinks the ship.


Got that from the book (HABITUDES) I started reading today. I used to think that the skills that I have will eventually bring me to where God wants me to be and I'm just thankful that God taught me not only that. I may have certain skills in some areas of leadership but if I don't have the character to back it up then everything would just be a waste of time. Yes, I'm thankful to God for giving me the grace to continually develop the skills that I have but there are times and areas that I felt that my skills weren't good enough. The good thing is that God is more concerned about our character than it is with our skills. Here are some great insights/principles from Tim Elmore;

Our character is the sum total of our:

Self Discipline
(the ability to do what's right even if you don't feel like it)

Core Values
(principles you live by that enable you to take a moral stand)

Sense of Identity
(a realistic self-image based on who God made you to be)

Emotional Security
(the capacity to be emotionally stable and consistent)

-Your skill may get you to the top -- but it's your character that will keep you there. If you don't have strong character, you will eventually sabotage your leadership. You can only fake it for so long. 

-God doesn't want your skills at the expense of your character and integrity. Lead yourself well before you try leading others. 

-In the same way, strong character will hold you up long enough to use your skills.

Check out Luke 6:43-45

What ever is happening on the outside of our life comes from what's happening on the inside.





1 Response to "There's more to it than what meets the eye."

Follow Me