The way God works


 
Luke 24:30-31

As they sat down to eat, he TOOK the bread and BLESSED it. Then he BROKE it and gave it to them. Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared!


He TOOK it, BLESSED it then He BROKE it. 
That's how Jesus works in our lives. 
That's how He uses people.

I've heard this message just few weeks ago in a podcast where I'm subscribing to but it's only this week that the message felt very real. There are things about the ways of God that's really hard to understand and sometimes we don't even have to understand it, we just have to trust Him that He knows what He is doing. But this time this message in the scripture is one of those patterns of God that is so obvious. 

Again, this is how God works in our lives; he TAKES us from where we are and He brings us to where He wants us to be. Then He BLESSES us right there. Then eventually He BREAKS us so that He would be able to use us more.

Realizing that, I can't help to think and evaluate about the things that happened to me last year and  until this year. How He took me from where I was before (really I'm not where I used to be, and definitely I'm not where I deserved to be) and brought me to where I am now. (it was like a roller coaster ride for me) then I went on to evaluate what happened after that. Then I realized that He has blessed with so much this year. The favors that I've received, the blessing of even having job this year, the ministry where He brought me to, the people that I came to know. Thinking about it, what a blessing from God! Then I start to wonder, and I can't help but to ask where He is taking me next... Then I knew based from how He works, where He's about take me. I'm not really sure when but definitely there is a breaking season coming up.

In the taking stage it can be very uncomfortable at first. There is a lot that God has to adjust in our lives and then in the blessing stage where He blesses us with much it can really be sweet. It can really be that time where in you hope that this stage won't stop, and then you come to the breaking stage. It is that point in your life where what God is doing can hurt the most. But if you'll look at the verse again, after the breaking stage their eyes were opened and they began to recognize Jesus for who He is because it is in the breaking stage where we experience Jesus like never before. We begin to see Jesus in a way that we have never seen before. 

“It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.” 
― A.W. Tozer

Honestly that's what I want for my life. But i can't help to ask again, am I ready for the breaking that God will do in my life? Definitely I know one thing is for sure if He brings us to that stage, He'll definitely give us the grace through it. He'll provide the grace for it. 

What stage are you in right now? If you are in the breaking stage right now I want you to know this;

Jesus already went through what we could never go through so we wont have to go through it. (See Hebrews 12:3-4) So there's nothing that we would ever experience in this life that Jesus had not won on that cross. We  are now given the grace through what Christ did on the cross to overcome what ever situation you are in right now or will be in the future.

Here's the link of that podcast I'm telling you. I got all of these things I'm telling right now based from this message. I hope you'll find time to listen to it. It's one of the most powerful message I've heard.





3 Responses to "The way God works"

Follow Me